Owner, UX Director
March 2016 – Present
- Recruit and direct a team of 7-10 individuals (design, project management, front-end and back-end development, devops, and UX) to execute design and development work for clients.
- Orchestrate a collaborative environment between team members and clients in order to accomplish robust project goals in an efficient manner utilizing both Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- Strategize development approach to manage business workload, and place expert developers in roles where they will best succeed, and add the most to the product.
- Launched over 12 medium to large projects including full site redesigns and functionality overhauls within one year, while also managing client day-to-day needs.
- Lead projects with cost ranges between $40,000 and $90,000 from initial sale to final deliverable and ongoing continuous deployment.
- Created 60% growth year over year while also refining project type and scope to ensure best project and client fit for North UX.
- Delivered product innovations based on WooCommerce, WooCommerce Subscriptions, multisite, headless applications with the REST API, and hybrid web apps that engage WordPress via backplane with additional back-end and database functions.
Technology Manager (Part-time)
July 2019 – Present
- Launched the Instant Visualizer to allow users to customize their product and see the customized furniture in 3D before purchasing.
- Lead a team of developers in redesigning and rebuilding the UnruhFurniture.com website.
- Reviewed analytics and user behaviors to determine project priorities, and boost conversion.
- Incorporated workflow efficiencies into the website user processes, including a customized Build Plans PDF for the production team to utilize in creating the made to order product.
Level Five Solutions
February 2016 – March 2016 (short-term employment)
- Tech lead for Level Five on BNSF Railway Auction Site Phase 1 using ReactJS
- Worked with BNSF Development team to ensure compatibility with existing systems and processes as well as train them on new technology through daily stand-ups, and bi-weekly code reviews.
- Participated in brainstorming and UX design sessions for additional projects as requested
Lead Designer and Web Developer
October 2007 – January 2016
- Managed web projects, from initial quote to delivered website, including account management, discovery, user experience, wireframing, design, and development
- Delivered responsive, mobile first websites built using custom WordPress themes/plugins
- Directed decisions on site architecture, plugins and development process for each website, based on user needs and client expectations
- Oversaw implementation of new web technologies and best-practices for the company as a whole
- Lead and executed production of video, print, photography, and brand projects
Children’s Mercy Family Health Partners
October 2006 – October 2007
- Incorporated new branding into a series of print materials used for marketing and education
- Initiated, designed and built e-newsletter to supplement existing print version
- Created workflow to manage design requests
Saddleback Valley Community Church
Tech Graphics Specialist
May 2004 – October 2006
- Designed and implemented on screen graphics in multiple services and live events on weekends and throughout the week
- Recruited, trained and managed team of approximately 15 volunteers to run screen graphics during rehearsal, services and other live events
- Camera operator and video control room assistance during conferences and special events
Westside Family Church
Worship Arts Assistant
February 2001 – May 2004
- Managed graphic design needs of the church, including print and digital, both internal communications and external marketing efforts.
- Designed and built a website to promote church produced CD recording
- Produced weekly pre-service video announcements and countdown, including script writing, directing and shooting talent, editing, and graphic animation effects.
- Production Director – brainstorming in-service creative for specific message topics and leading the team to execution. This included set design, script writing, video production, casting, tech needs, and overseeing service in progress.
- Lead communicator to volunteer team about needs, expectations and ongoing schedule changes
October 2000 – February 2001
- Managed interns, daily tasks and workflow
- Provided back-up receptionist duties as needed
- Completed overflow projects in Account Management, Design and other areas as needed