This is not a React course or tutorial, there are plenty of them out there though and I’ll make some suggestions at the end of this series on next steps. I’ll leave the official teaching to others. Disappointed? Don’t be, I feel confident in saying I think you’ll find this valuable. So if it’s not a course on React, what is it? Let’s think of this as a pre-React course.
Learn from my hang-ups
What will be covered:
- Don’t be Afraid of the Terminal: node/npm/cli
- brow-ZER-ify (browserify)
- Big Gulp: Processes and Workflow
- JSON: objects, arrays and strings, oh my!
- Consuming JSON
- Replacing “The Loop”: forEach(), map(), objectKeys()
Bonus: Going Headless
I have a new site in the works I’m building with a “decoupled” or “headless” WordPress install and a React front-end. Once I get through these foundational pieces, I’ll hopefully be in a place where I can start sharing some tidbits and even code snippets on going headless with WordPress.